Become a Music Partner
Use your talents to benefit COTN
Become a Children of the Nations Music Partner
Through passionate presentations at concerts, festivals, and tours, Children of the Nations’ music partners help bring opportunity and hope to thousands of children living in poverty all over the world.
These talented and caring partners take the children we serve where we could not otherwise go, communicating in their own unique voice with people we would not otherwise meet.
We desire to work with artists from many genres and musical styles. From contemporary Christian to Southern gospel, rock and roll, to country, and everything in between. What connects us is a common bond to speak on behalf of the poor.
What is a COTN Music Partner?
Children of the Nations’ music partners are creative communicators: musicians, speakers, and worship leaders who recruit sponsors for children in our Child Sponsorship Program.
They are messengers of our mission, and they are friends and ambassadors for the children we serve. We don't call someone a music partner until we have cultivated a mutually trusting relationship.
What are the Benefits of Partnering with COTN?
- Your ministry can have an international impact. You have the chance to go global by extending the reach of your ministry beyond your venue.
- When you advocate for children in poverty and encourage your audience to respond, you help meet the needs of children in the 5 countries we serve.
- You give your audience the opportunity to share and experience God's heart for the poor while fighting poverty with one of the most effective and strategic weapons available—child sponsorship.
- The challenges of being on the road will have greater purpose as you connect more deeply with your calling.
There are incredible nights, when you know beyond a doubt that you are doing what you were created to do. And there are nights when you find yourself wondering, "Is this worth it?"
Partnering with COTN enables you to consistently answer yes to that question.
What Do We Expect of Our Music Partners?
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid of your doubts.
- Let us show you what we do, along with why and how we do it.
- Don’t pull any punches when you tell our story and ask people to join you in sponsoring a child. We want you to know what you’re talking about, and we want you to talk about what you know.
- Take our mission to the hearts and minds of the people who trust you. We'll take you where you most likely can't otherwise go, and we ask you to introduce us to your circle of trust as well.
- Use your own voice. We won't provide you a script to learn or stats to memorize.
- Share what's on your heart. Be yourself. Tell your audience why you're passionate about the work we're doing.
- Tell the truth, and don't exaggerate. Don't misrepresent or objectify the poor.
- Be considerate and respectful. Never browbeat an audience in our name.
What Can You Expect from Us?
- We promise to pray for you and listen to you. We will always tell you the truth. And we'll do our best to empathize with you.
- We won't set specific goals for you to achieve. We'll work together to achieve results that benefit everyone.
- We will connect you with a marketing manager to serve as your point person and resource for all things related to your partnership. Tell us what you need and we'll do our best to provide it.
- We'll train you and provide materials and guidance, along with regular updates about the impact and reach of your efforts.
- We commit to honor Jesus Christ in all that we do.
- We commit to work in partnership with the local church.
- We commit to safeguard the children in our programs.
- We commit to develop each child individually.
- Except for select artists and speakers listed as a featured artist, we won't book events for COTN music partners.
How Do I Become a COTN Music Partner?
The first step in becoming a Music Partner is to learn about COTN. Take a look at our mission and vision, and how our focus on caring for the whole child makes us distinct among child sponsorship organizations.
The basic requirements for becoming a COTN Music Partner include:
- Sponsor a child. To share about our ministry with integrity, it's important that you sponsor a child, either individually or as a group.
- Have a vocational calling for full-time ministry.
- Agree to work within the bounds of our statement of faith.
- Consent to a background check.
To begin the application process to become an official COTN music partner, please contact Mark Costa, Senior Director of National Marketing and Community Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.698.7227. Once you have met the above requirements, you may apply to become a music partner, which will include agreeing to the artist statement below.
Children of the Nations’ Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be God-inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- By applying to become an official COTN Music Partner, I certify that the answers provided on my application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I have read and am in agreement with COTN’s Statement of Faith.
- Children of the Nations (COTN) may request background checks, receive reports, records, or other information necessary for a decision to accept or reject my status either before becoming a COTN Music Partner or after I begin.
- I understand that I am serving as a volunteer to perform tasks and will not receive wages, salary, or other forms of compensation or benefits. This includes, and is not limited to, payments for minimum wage, overtime hours, unemployment compensation, personal injury claims, property claims, property damage or other forms of loss resulting from volunteer efforts. Any future compensation will be negotiated separately to this agreement.