Vision, Mission, Statement of Faith, and Operating Principles
Children of the Nations' Vision
Raising Children Who Transform Nations
Children of the Nations' Mission
To provide holistic, Christ-centered care for orphaned and destitute children, enabling them to create positive and lasting change in their nations.
By partnering with nationals in each of the countries we serve, we care for children from infancy to adulthood. We want each child to reach their full potential. We believe that in order to raise healthy, well-rounded children, you must care for the whole child:
- Physical: nutritional food, vitamin supplements, medical and dental care, and sports programs emphasizing physical fitness.
- Educational: quality education (preschool through university), skills training for those geared toward vocational careers, and a Challenge Children’s program for children with special needs.
- Social: children raised in their own country and culture with caregivers from their own culture, visits (for orphaned children) with relatives or extended families, celebration and education of traditional ethnic music, dance, storytelling and dress.
- Spiritual Needs: Biblical training, evangelistic activities, outreaches (such as summer camps and youth retreats), scripture memory, devotionals, worship, and discipleship.
These are big goals and we couldn't do any of this without partners like you! So, this is our promise to you:
- We will place unwavering faith in Jesus Christ.
- We will operate with integrity.
- We will continually pray for our staff, children, communities, goals, and for you!
- We will treat all people with love and respect because each one of us is created in God’s image and is innately valuable.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be God-inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.